Students applying to private schools can prepare with QWERTY. We custom tailor our test prep based on student strengths and challenges.
Test Preparation Areas
- ISEE (Independent Schools Entrance Exam – All levels)
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test – All levels)
- HSPT (High School Placement Test)
We are specialists that are skilled in preparing students with different learning styles. The successful outcome of the exam varies from student to student. Call (650) 326-8484 for a no-cost telephone consultation to discuss your student.
What to Expect
- Specialists with test prep experience, knowledge of local schools, and proficiency with customizing instruction based on learning style
- Before the first student session, parents will meet with the specialist to discuss past educational history, goals, expectations, and student needs
- Students will complete a diagnostic test at home to help narrow the areas of focus and determine strengths and weaknesses within the material tested.
- A program of study designed for each student’s specific learning needs to maximize comprehension and preparation
- Students meet individually with specialists in our offices for one- or one-and-a-half hour sessions and receive individualized instruction
- 24 hours of one-on-one work is typical for the introductory program
- Vocabulary practice taken from ISEE, SSAT and HSPT word lists in sessions and at home with flashcards
- Additional at home assignments that students will complete to cover the complete exam
- Hand-scored practice tests that identify WHY errors were made
- Practice tests are normed to provide percentiles
- Sessions may also be added to work on troublesome areas and gain more practice with test-taking strategies.
Test Prep Benefits
- Helps a student become familiar with the format and expectations of the specific test
- Demystifies the test and helps the student approach it with confidence and minimized anxiety
- Identifies the specific subcomponents of the test that are challenging for the individual student, allowing him/her to focus extra effort in those areas where it is needed
- Student learns overall standardized test-taking strategies – skills not usually taught in school.
- Can help a student to have a good test-taking experience where the likelihood of the student’s best performance is maximized.